The Superintendent must be thoroughly familiar with and able to perform all aspects of landscape, hardscape, and irrigation construction to include estimating, production, scheduling, customer service, training etc. The Superintendent directly oversees crew leaders and the installation of landscape, hardscape, and irrigation projects daily while interfacing with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers. The Superintendent must keep the production manager apprised of progress on all jobs while coordinating with the Project Manager.
Skill Set and Educational requirements
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in landscape, hardscape, and irrigation construction.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Able to supervise up to three crews simultaneously.
- Able to effectively train field crew members.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Possess excellent computer skills.
- Proficient in both oral and written communications
- Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
- Continually informs and updates company Owners as to job progress.
- Continually coordinates with company crew leaders as to job progress.
- Oversees the production of up to three jobs simultaneously.
- Ensure that jobs are kept on schedule and on budget.
- Looks for extras and converts them into change orders when appropriate.
- Ensures that all equipment is operated in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensures that all equipment is maintained properly and preventatively maintained daily.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the production part of company strategic plan.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the production part of company’s training goals.
- Develops training plan and trains field crews.
- Able to read and install all plans.
- Able to operate a transit.
- Manage snowplow crews.
Salary $70k - $90k a year