Greater Gallatin Contractors, Inc. is a full service landscape and irrigation company hiring for a Lead Horticulturist for the company.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Individual will assist and work directly in the execution of landscape maintenance and horticultural related duties
- Oversee onsite nursery, hands on maintenance of municipal landscapes independently and with other team members through application of knowledge, practices, and principles of horticulture, landscape maintenance, and design
- Oversee contractual plant installations
- Identify plant diseases and recommend corrective action based on knowledge of plant biology, identification, propagation and culture
- Apply pesticides and assist with trialing environmentally friendly pest and weed control options
- Plan and execute yearly fall and winter planting contracts and inhouse planting projects
- Select and recommend appropriate plant materials, procure, maintain, issue, inventory, and account for same
- Work closely with other teams within the company
- Provide presentations, horticulture walk and talks for a variety of community groups
Note: Work is performed outside in all weather conditions including temperature extremes and involves lifting and carrying equipment/tools and materials weighing 50 - 75 pounds.
Quality Customer Service is an integral part of this position.
- Be personable and genuine in your interactions and treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Promote an inclusive environment for both customers and colleagues
- Acknowledge customers with a smile and establish a professional relationship with them
- Offer assistance without being asked
- Maintain professionalism in appearance and behavior at all times
- Positively contribute to an overall environment of a quality workplace in which our citizens can enjoy utilizing our services
MINIMUMS: Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to seven (7) years, including one (1) in a supervisory capacity, in the field of horticulture, utilizing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must have, obtain, or are willing to obtain a current and valid pesticide license license in accordance with state of Montana.
In addition to the minimum requirements, the ideal candidate for this position will have experience listed in the preferences below. Candidates with the preferred experience should ensure the information is provided on the application.
- Knowledge and experience in the selection and care of a wide variety of plant material that is sustainable and can be utilized
- Experience in landscape design and installation
- Horticultural experience and/or horticulture courses
- Supervision experience with 3 or more employees or volunteers for minimum 1 year in landscape management or horticulture field
- Integrated pest and week management experience
- Plant selection and procurement experience
- Experience overseeing contractual plant installations
- Experience working with and leading volunteers, community groups, garden clubs, etc., in horticultural or landscaping activities
- Please provide a copy of any certifications or related professional licenses.